Get Your Holiday Cards in the Mail Early
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Holiday Cards and other Greeting Cards topics.
When should I start thinking about sending my holiday cards?
It seems like the Christmas season gets longer and longer every year. It feels like our Christmas trees go up as soon as our Halloween decorations come down. That might sound a little extreme, but it is a good idea to plan ahead, especially when it comes to holiday cards. Here are a few tips to help you stay on track:
- Decide what type of card you will be sending. Allow for additional processing time if you plan to have a family photo printed onto the card.
- Set a goal for when you want the cards to be mailed. It will give you a deadline to work towards and help keep you motivated.
- Make sure your contact list is up-to-date and that you have plenty of stamps to avoid last minute set backs.
- Decide if you will be including any additional materials in the card, like a family newsletter or photo. You will want to have these items ready for when you begin stuffing the envelopes.
- Get the cards in the mail early so you can beat the rush. Sending cards early allows people to put your card on display to enjoy longer.