Say Happy New Year in any Language
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about New Year Cards and other Greeting Cards topics.
How do they say "Happy New Year" in other countries?
New Year's is not just an American tradition; many countries around the world also celebrate this popular holiday. In the US, we sign our New Years greeting cards with “Happy New Year.” How do they say it in other countries? Here are a few examples:
- Japan - 明けましておめでとうございます。 (Akemashite Omedetō-gozaimasu.)
- Russia - С Новым Годом (S Novim Godom)
- China - 新年快 乐 xīn nián kuài lè
- Canada - Jour de l'An
- Mexico - Feliz Año Nuevo
- Brazil - Feliz Ano Novo
- France - Bonne Année
- Germany - Ein Gutes Neues Jahr / Prost Neujahr
- Ireland - Ath Bhliain Faoi Mhaise
- Italy - Felice Anno Nuovo
- Sweden - Gott Nytt Ar
- Turkey - Veni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
- Poland - Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku
- India - Nav Varsh Ki Subhkamna
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.