When to Send a Thank You Card
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Thank You Cards and other Greeting Cards topics.
When should I send a thank you card?
Sometimes it can be difficult to determine when it is appropriate to send a thank you card. There are no official rules when it comes to sending a thank you note, but there are times when it is recommended. Here is a list of when you should consider sending a card to say thanks:
- After receiving a thoughtful gift for a wedding, baby shower, birthday or other special occasion
- To thank loved ones for sending sympathy cards and flowers after a family member passes
- To thank someone after staying in their home as a houseguest
- As a way to follow-up with a prospective employer after a job interview
- To thank the host after a party or shower thrown in your honor
- After a friend does a big favor for you, like helping you move or picking up your mail while you are on vacation
- To thank the host of a family holiday or dinner party
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.