Popular Thanksgiving Sayings
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Thanksgiving Cards and other Greeting Cards topics.
What should I write in my Thanksgiving cards?
If you are not sure what to write in your Thanksgiving card this year, here are some popular quotes, poems and sayings that capture the spirit of the holiday:
- “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” - W T Purkiser
- "Who does not thank for little will not thank for much." - Estonian proverb
- For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.” - Irv Kupcinet
- "Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." - Erma Bombeck
- May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.